Boundless is proud to announce the release of OpenGeo Suite 4.1! Each new version of OpenGeo Suite includes numerous fixes and component upgrades as well as bringing many new features and improvements to the platform, including:
- Improved enterprise packages. Whether developing applications on OSX or deploying a Windows production system, our packages are designed to help you use our software more effectively. Now enterprise customers benefit from other typical IT deployment options like supported virtual machine deployments for Amazon Web Services and VMware.
- Automated clustering. We’re continually improving our clustering features for those needing high availability or better scaling under load. These improvements make spinning up clusters even easier for systems administrators by providing new automation options.
- New data sources. OpenGeo Suite can now publish from MongoDB and GeoPackage.
- New Boundless SDK templates that use a production-ready version of OpenLayers 3. These free templates make it easier and faster to deploy enterprise applications built using OpenGeo Suite.
- QGIS installer. Dramatically increase the ease and affordability of desktop analysis and editing tools with this separate download from Boundless that includes the OpenGeo Explorer plugin to publish maps and data to the web using OpenGeo Suite.
- Mapmeter now included! Our monitoring service helps developers, system administrators, and managers better understand and use their geospatial deployments so we’re including the service for all OpenGeo Suite enterprise customers.
Download 4.1 and try our census map tutorial or heat map tutorial to learn more. Details about this release are included in the release notes and, as always, we strongly advise you to read the upgrade instructions and backup your data before installing!