Boundless is excited to announce the release of OpenGeo Suite 4.8! This release includes an upgrade to GeoServer 2.8 and bug fixes to enhance functionality.
Besides that, the following new features are included:
- The ability to output vector tiles, improving the performance of maps while offering full client-side design flexibility. GeoServer can produce vector tiles in three formats: GeoJSON, TopoJSON, and MapBox Vector (.mvt).
- Improved Network Common Data Form (NetCDF) support with the NetCDF Plugin. OpenGeo Suite includes support for reading data in GRIB 1, GRIB 2, NetCDF 3 and 4 with CF (climate and Forecast) formats.
- A new tile store option which allows for storing tiles in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3) bucket, retrieved using a TMS-like URL structure.
- The Marlin renderer, which is an open source Java rendering engine optimized for performance, based on OpenJDK's Pisces implementation.
- Mapping improvements including Z-ordering support, contrast enhancement, and curve support.
|OpenGeo Suite||GeoServer Extensions|
|Red Hat/CentOS||Documentation||See Documentation|