The QGIS team at Boundless is pleased to announced the availability of the Boundless distribution of QGIS version 2.14.1, built upon the premier open-source desktop GIS technology from the QGIS project.
This is a major update, comprising many new features and updates, including:
- Windows version is now built for 64-bit CPU architecture
- GRASS has been updated to v7.0.3
- GDAL/OGR has been updated to v2.0.2, with LibKML (.kmz) and OpenJPEG2 (JPEG2000)
All bundled Boundless plugins from previous versions have been replaced with one plugin: Boundless Connect. This plugin allows you to:
- Automatically, or selectively, install other Boundless plugins on first launch
- Install plugins from ZIP archive files
- Install plugins from a directory of ZIP archives (for sysadmin rollouts)
- Install plugins from a custom QGIS plugin repository (for sysadmin rollouts)
- Download/install future Boundless plugins and services as they roll out
Boundless plugins simultaneously released:
- Web App Builder (beta): Easily create web apps based on OpenGeo Suite.
- MGRS Tools: Tools to use MGRS coordinates in QGIS. See this blog post for details.
- What3words Tools: Tools to use what3words 3 word addresses in QGIS
- OpenGeo Explorer: Maintenance update for current plugin. Note this plugin is now classified as deprecated (no longer under development) and users are encouraged to migrate to the new GeoServer Explorer plugin and the QGIS DB Manager (native to PostGIS).
All other updates and release notes from the community since the last Boundless distribution release:
Boundless QGIS can be downloaded by anyone on our website at http://boundlessgeo.com.